Tuesday 19 June 2012

Happiness is...







Today I was priveledged enough to be at the Royal Albert Hall to see the Dalai Lama give a talk on happiness.  It was an amazing experience and one I will always remember.  I'm an avid member of Free Tibet and spent a month in Tibet last year teaching children in an orphanage.  Thinking about foreign lands and the mysteries around them spurred me to share with you some of the things I've collected on my travels. My times away always inspire me and the relationships created whilst travelling are the what gives me pure happiness.  These pieces all remind me of a joke shared, a town explored or a journey survived.  I love finding things with a sense of history, it feels like I'm adding something to them and extending their lives with all the stories of my travels that become interwoven with the object.

 Happiness for me is seeing the world and bringing some of it's wonders home with me.
1. Camel leather bag Morroco 
2. Pig's tusk pendant Vietnam 
3. Velvet and embroidered bag Laos
4. Neon rug (seen in all) Vietnam 

No comments:

Post a Comment