Tuesday 10 July 2012

Just Kids






I've just been out and bought Patti Smith's 'Just Kids' and though I would pop some of these great images of her up, some of which were taken by Robert Mapplethorpe.  I love the etherial quality that lies in black and white pics from the 60's and 70's, there's something raw about this set that I'm drawn to.  She puts me in mind of Lou Doillon and Charlotte Gainsborough who share her waif like frame and unruly dark locks.  She's been inspirational to many people's wardrobes, including mine and I'm channeling her nonchalant look today with a fedora, slouchy black tea, skinny trousers and cowboy boots.
In the words of Smith herself-
“Please, no matter how we advance technologically, please don't abandon the book. There is nothing in our material world more beautiful than the book."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment