Saturday 26 May 2012

By the Pool

As a typically English, fair skinned specimen I am adverse to any shade of bikini bar black!  When I'm sunning myself (for a max of about 1 hour, smothered in factor 50) by the pool I look enviously apon those lithe, tanned creatures in their tangerine or bright white two pieces and wish I could wear something a bit braver. But the truth is I really like my collection of black swimwear - I think it looks chic and effortless. So I'm currently rejoicing over H&M's new tribal inspired bikini top.  It's perfect to team with a pair of the numerous black bottoms I already have and I love the teeth detail that add interest. At £9.99 it's great for all, be you tanned, shipwrecked traveller or pale, yet very, interesting poolside loiterer!
Snap one up now at H&M

I love Laura Lee jewellery!  I always have.  her pieces have a timeless classicism and are so delicate and intricate that every piece invites you to look closer.  The Namesake bracelet is an example of just that.  With space to engrave your name, nickname or that of someone you love it becomes instantly personal.  I love the mix of silver and gold in her pieces as I always mix the two in my own jewellery collection.  This is the perfect poolside accessory for me - the gold will look dazzling on a tanned wrist and it's so delicate that you can wear it with swimwear and not feel gaudy or overdressed. Less is always more.
Adorn your wrist here Laura Lee


Well Hello Clarks sandals!  Yes you heard me correctly they're from Clarks - home to the navy blue shoes of school day fame (you know the ones!) but more recently to these beauties!  Clarks has come on leaps and bounds since the days of reluctant school shoe shopping.  From collaborations with Liberty of London to collections designed by the infamous Mary Portas, Clarks are a brand to be battled with in the world of shoe design.  And don't these just prove it!  I love the elegance of these, they'll take you from pool to party and the flash of silver adds instant style points.  I'd team them with white rolled up jeans and a plain white tee and let these summer stunners do all the talking.
Check out the rest of their summer collection here Clarks

No comments:

Post a Comment